What is an ITA?
An Individual Training Account (ITA) is funding through the Workforce Investment Act that is used to pay for a portion of a customer’s tuition for a state-approved training course. To obtain an ITA, customers must be eligible for WIA services and be identified as suitable for services by the Training Review Committee. To being the process sign up for a Career Planning Seminar by calling 717-509-5613 x221.
To best serve the residents of Lancaster County, there are some limitations on the length and amounts of an ITA. Funding limitations include:
- ITA training programs cannot exceed two years in length.
- An ITA can cover $7,000 tuition cap per year, with an $11,000 cap over the two year funding period.
- An ITA is considered to be funding of last resort. Therefore, customers are required to apply for all financial aid for which they are eligible.
- Customers will also be required to pursue funding available through other agencies and services prior to the use of an ITA.
- Once all other funding streams have been exhausted, the ITA would cover remaining costs up to $7,000 tuition cap per year, with an $11,000 cap over the two year funding period.
Additionally, the training that the customer wishes to pursue must provide them with skills in an occupation that is in demand in Lancaster County. Only training courses listed on the Statewide Training Programs/Providers list of the Commonwealth Workforce Development System website will be issued an ITA.
Customers are welcome to visit the Commonwealth Workforce Development System website at www.cwds.state.pa.us for additional information on training providers.
The Next Steps
Step 1: Attend a Career Planning Seminar after which you can schedule an intake appointment to determine if you are eligible for WIA services.
Step 2: Identify the right training program for you.
Step 3: Contact the school for admissions procedures and apply.
Step 4: Apply for financial aid (Particularly PHEAA and PELL grants).
Step 5: Complete all the requirements assigned by your Career Advisor.